2 weeks to go!
It’s less than two weeks to go before the new university year! This is an exciting time for new Swansea Students, especially with the new Bay Campus opening.
The biggest advice that I can give you is to check Swansea University’s website to make sure that you know your moving in dates and times, and know which campus, university student halls or student house you are in. This can be found at the link below.
1. Be organised. I know this sounds a bit boring but make sure you are organised with your belongings. Have a list and check them off when they are packed. (I know this from experience as when I first went to University and I forgot to pack food and last year when I moved to Swansea and I forgot to pack my clothes drying rack and hair-dryer).
2. Make sure you enrol as soon as possible and complete your on-line induction for accommodation. Also make sure you have your key collection sheet printed out or to hand as this will make the moving in faster for you.
3. Check your emails and the university website regularly for up dates about what is happening at the university and elsewhere. For instance the accommodation office will be sending out full arrival instructions a week before you are due to move in. Again this is all part of being organised.
4. I would also recommend having paper copies of the instructions on how to connect to the WiFi. On my first night, I had some trouble and unfortunately one of my house-mates blew out the circuits so we did not have electricity either! However don’t panic if you can’t get your devices to connect to the WiFi network, the library (and I also presume the Bay library for those of you living there) have IT support next to the reception desk and they are really approachable and can help you if you need it.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. There is always something that may not seem clear or is skipped over. So don’t be afraid to ask for help… everyone is happy to help.
I hope this is helpful. Enjoy the rest of your summer and Swansea will welcome you in the next few weeks.
Please see the link below that will take you to Swansea University’s accommodation page.